Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Just a note . . .

to say hello everyone! I'm feeling great tonight as just went to the gym and, apparently, my endorphins have kicked in. Tomorrow is my "Friday" as we have a holiday on Friday, so am looking forward to that. Had to do a review of someone who doesn't report to me any longer (how weird is THAT?!?) and am so thankful to God that He took that group away from me. Color me happy. And, so thankful. The review reinforced my belief that people who work extra hours and Saturdays on the job become bitter because they are rarely recognized for it. It happened with this gal I reviewed today again. She thought she'd get an over the top review and she got the normal, good job, sort of review. She's off to HR and it's so not my problem any more. And, that's why they pay you work!!! As my mom used to say, "if work was fun, they wouldn't pay you!" My heart goes out to California state workers and others who are now getting "I O Us" instead of checks due to the massively overextended budget. I can't even imagine how they'll get by.

No comments: