Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sneaking Away

The kids and I snuck away for a girls-only overnight in Newport Beach yesterday. Football games dominated the weekend and we thought, "why not?!?" We had a great time and may consider this an annual event for the weekend of the football playoffs. At home, Dan was glued to the TV and Scott came over to watch the Chargers go down in defeat. When I heard they had to play in snowy, cold Pittsburgh, I knew it was over. Pottery Barn was closing their store at Fashion Island and everything was 70% off. I bought a black iron quilt stand for quite a steal. It is placed in Dan's room with my first quilt draped over it and looks quite nice. Now, have to get back to reality - and the first 4 a.m. teleconference with India for 2009. Better get to bed early tonight!

No comments: