Sunday, January 4, 2009

Out With the Old, in With the New

Carrie has packed up from being home for two weeks and is driving back to her apartment in San Dimas. Ashley has gone to help her boyfriend with his motorcycle that broke down on his way to work this morning. It was used, purchased just last week. Let's hope it isn't anything major. Dan is outside pulling down the Christmas lights. I'm trying to get ready for the day, making a grocery shopping list and planning for the week to come. We had a great holiday with lots of family memories and time spent with friends. Yesterday I taught Carrie how to sew on a button and hem her new pants. Put that in the category of things I should have taught my daughters in high school. Anyway, she has new skills or, at least, good understanding of why the cleaners charges $10 to hem pants! And, I have done my job as a mother. Ah, the pressure . . .

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I never let you teach me in high school! You did try though. :)