Sunday, October 11, 2009

Fun is Busy; Busy is Fun


What a great weekend I had. Saturday I met with six gals that I have known for at least 30 years and we went to lunch at a lovely tea house in San Juan Capistrano. Then, there is a great yarn shop next door, so we went there and I bought some beautiful raspberry-colored yarn for yet another scarf. But, I also bought a book of simple-looking patterns and have hopes of branching out to something new. I have a hankering to learn to make baby booties; we'll see if I can learn that! Then, we caravaned north a bit to a new quilt store where I fell in love with a darling Christmas Quilt wall hanging and bought that, too. So, I have lots to do and am looking forward to it all.

Today Dan and I went up to visit his mom in Cerritos. She wanted to have lunch at the Olive Garden, so we loaded her up in her wheelchair and took her to lunch. She enjoyed it and said it was good to get out a bit.

So it was a fun weekend, but a very busy one as well.

Guess what! The house on the other side of sister Sue is now empty! Hmmm, Mom on one side of Sue and us on the other; wouldn't that be fun? But, our jobs are here even though my heart is there. One day, hopefully, I can live near Sue and be in quilter's heaven. But, I would miss my ocean, the rolling hills, and the quilted landscape that surrounds our tract dotted with farms and horses and trees. I have quilter friends here, too, that keep my heart here as well. I heart quilting friends.

No comments: