Friday, June 12, 2009

Sick, Sick, Sick


So I have been home nursing some sort of flu bug and finally after two days am thinking I feel a bit better. Missed two and half days of work, too. Ugh, ugh, ugh. But, finished a great book, "The Same Kind of Different As Me," and really recommend it to everyone. What a great message to us all. Then, read another book. Gee, this Kindle is handy - no need to go to the book store, just connect via their invisible "whispernet" (they use cell phone technology)and quickly download another one to read. That is what Amazon is hoping for - that I'll never darken the door of a Barnes and Noble again. It is quite possible that will be true. I am trying to limit myself to downloading two books per month. They have an assortment of free books, so have been searching for those as well. Tomorrow am getting my hair done, so hope I feel like getting dressed and out the door. Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Don't even joke about not "darkening a Barnes and Noble doorway" again! That is very sad news to me, thus, why I don't want a Kindle. The best part of my month is going to B&N sometimes (sad, I know...but at least I have nice bookcases now!). :) Love you.