Saturday, May 30, 2009

Night Owl

So, it is 4 a.m. and I am wide awake and checking my Facebook and emails in the dark. I haven't been awake like this is the night in a long time - what is the problem?!? Anyway, here is a great quote I found in the Victoria Magazine that sums up my recent Mother's Day:

"What I wanted most for my daughters was that they be able to soar confidently in their own sky, wherever that might be, and if there was space for me as well, I would have indeed reaped what I had tried to sow." Helen Claes

Would everyone please buy this magazine so it won't go under like other fav mags? I love the Internet, but it sure has caused havoc in the printed newspaper and magazine world. County Home recently bit the dust and I loved that mag! But, rest assured, I won't be going modern anytime soon. Victoria has a lovely article, "The charming Inns of Nantucket" and I think we should go there soon. Of course, with my budget, I may have to sail there in a bucket!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Okay, so the bucket joke made me laugh out loud. It is great that we have the same sense of humor! I guess you feel led to "get your blog on" in the middle of the night, which means you are a true writer I think. Liked the motherhood quote and there will ALWAYS be space for you in my sky!