Friday, March 27, 2009

Into the Weekend

I have been very stressed at work. Super, crazy, busy, stressed. And, this week I began feeling pain in my heart area. Thursday I went to urgent care on my way to work. They did an EKG, which turned out fine; in fact, it matched the EKG I had pre-op when I had my hysterectomy in 2006. So, that told me the pain was stress-related. They wanted to transport me to the hospital to run further tests, but I refused. I know it is stress. Now, what to do about it. Even as I was lying on the bed in urgent care, getting electrodes stuck to various and sundry parts of my body, I knew this was crazy. No job it worth this. I have to step back and not let it get to me. So will be working on how to do this and am open to suggestions. Quitting is not an option, but that would sure feel good. The thing is, I know in my heart of hearts that God moved me into that position. I didn't know about it, didn't apply for it, didn't pray to get it - none of that. So, it was totally a God thing. I am in the desert, waiting to see what God will do next. God's waiting room can be a lonely place at times, but what He wants is faith. Big, huge, never-ending faith. And, definitely not chest pain and doubt. So, pray that I will hang in there, trust God, develop bigger and deeper faith and wait it out. He has a plan for me - plans for hope and a future. Oh, I am so glad that is the case.