Sunday, February 8, 2009

"Sew" Happy!

I had a great weekend: breakfast with my new growth group ladies, shopping for quilting fabric with Nancy, then having a party with the Heltons, Chrissie and Matthew, Ashley and Chris and Miss Violet. We hit Costco and figured out dinner, amidst about 1,000 other shoppers - it was Saturday and we should have known - then came back to our house and cooked it. We had ham, mashed potatoes, salad and Dan's delicious chocolate chip cookies. And, then we played baseball - our current favorite card game. Today I was able to begin my first square in Anne Sutton's Tisket a Tasket mystery square of the month program. I cut the background out wrong, so had to order another half yard. Love my new Moda "Hartfield" fabric for my log cabin quilt class at Quilt in a Day and can't wait to begin. Looks like Eleanor Burns has an interesting way to sew the "logs" together; that will be tricky to learn I bet. But, fun as Nancy and Joyce will be learning it, too. Looking forward to a great new week, because I am "sew" happy!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Can't wait to see the new fabric! Glad you had such a good weekend - even if I wasn't there. :)