Sunday, October 26, 2008

Out of words

Barbara went home today, sniff. We had a great time sharing memories, eating Halloween candy (shhhhhhh!), laughing, and making Christmas placemats. You gotta love a guest who arrives with a suitcase bulging with fabric and crafts! We should have planned for her to stay a week. She's off this week to niece, Molly's, wedding on Saturday. Kinda wish I could go, too, and see all her family. And now, I am out of my words for the next week or so. I bet you didn't think that could EVER happen! Come visit again, soon, dear friend.

2 comments:

Bobbin said...

Hi-Its me Barbara! I had a wonderful time on our too-short visit. We did needed more time to talk, two days non-stop and we only covered our families and quilting! So many topics we didn't get to. There really is nothing like long (not old!) friendships. Ours is set in stone now (so are we!) we pick up every few years right where we left off. Jan's wonderful home and family were so inviting, I'm comin' back! Ashley blessed me with some time, I got a glimpse of the lovely and smart girl she is, next time I hope to be able to visit with Carrie. Dan was a dream of a husband, he gave us space, cooked and cleaned up, they don't come any better than that! My Charlie would do the same. I'm not sure who reads this blog, but DO make the effort to see your forever "girl" friends they are gifts from God, well at least my Jan is. She is still so damn funny! :) And about the Halloween candy...its a lie.

Carrie said...

I am SO glad you and Barbara had such a great time together! She certainly makes our home (family included) sound like a dream! Can it be like that next time I come to visit? Just kidding. Our home can truly feel like a dream at times in its perfectly cliche moments, like at Christmas when every one is snug in their beds - or cuddling in yours - and the only light in the house is the Christmas tree. It all seems perfect then.