Wednesday, October 15, 2008

On the run

I'm back from New York and working hard to learn my new job plus working 48 hours a week until Thanksgiving. That is a tough one - especially if I can't work Saturdays, which I can't for the next two weeks. I am enjoying learning new things, but it sure is humbling to never know where anything is or how anything works. But, we push on with the goal to learn and be a good example and grow the team. Today I am having a bone density test to help understand why my knees hurt all the time. Tomorrow is a flu shot. Friday we are headed to Cal Poly Pomona with Ash to discuss her attendance there for fall 2009. Saturday is helping Peggy with her move to an assisted living facility - she's on the waiting list and needs to go through her home that's been collecting memories since the early 50's. I have no words of wisdom today, except to say when you have a new job and don't know what you are doing: just show up and do the best job you can.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

"Collecting memories since the early 50's" nice writing! Love that! Stay strong, you'll be great in your new job. I love you!