Wednesday, October 1, 2008

More from New York

Feet tired, musuem-ed out and there's an interesting story involving a NYC mouse. We had just ordered the famous fettuccine Alfredo at, where else, Alfredo's when I happened to see a little furry thing scuttle across the floor. I have seen that particular movement before and that night I spent at chez Helton until the little guy could be rounded up. (thanks, Dan) Anyway, I tried to ignore it, didn't say anything until I saw it again. Then, I calmly mentioned it to Dan and Carrie and drank another gulp of my Pinot Grigo. It appeared to head away from us, so I was willing myself to stay and be calm when it suddenly ran in our direction. I jumped up and ran out of the restaurant with Carrie in hot pursuit. Poor Dan had to explain to the waiter, who let us go without paying a cent, but he looked a bit bemused. Apparently, that is not such a big deal in NYC. Now, am wearing shoes and socks to all restaurants and scanning the floors anxiously. New York - it's a wonderful town. Still haven't tried the famous fettuccine - can you say take out?

No comments: