Saturday, December 19, 2009

Ah, the Holidays

Dan is in the kitchen singing Christmas carols and it is only 9:19 a.m.! Amazing and unprecedented to say the least. I think we have all the shopping done, but the Christmas cards are still on the dining room table. I am going to finish them today if I do nothing else (besides, of course, the random blog update). Then, am thinking of making the sugar cookie dough so that on Wednesday we can just roll 'em and bake 'em. I am inspired by all the magazines as usual at this time of the year and want to bake. We put up two Christmas trees this year and I have really loved having one in the living room where I am most of the time to enjoy. That, the fire going and Lucy at my feet - that is the perfect way to end the day. But, Lucy prefers to curl up on the rug by the fireplace, which is very sweet to see. Hope your shopping list is getting shorter and you can enjoy the holiday this week. Remember that Jesus is the reason for the season.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Yummy Christmas cookies! I'll help when I get home. Save me some dough! LOL, you hate when I eat the dough. :)