Sunday, November 8, 2009

More Notes

This week I am going to Texas to meet my new sister, Kathy, her husband and their three daughters. I can't wait! Ashley and Carrie are going with me, so it will really be a fun time. Dan was already committed to a conference, so he will have to be content with pictures and phone calls. I am watching the weather there to see what I will need to pack.

Today I visited Nordstrom so I could buy some Clinique and get their free gift. Would you believe that Santa was already at the mall for pictures? Who is making the toys; guess that would be the elves. Mrs. Claus is probably doing all the wrapping. Oh, that's right, the elves do that, too. My favorite line from "The Santa Clause" is when the elf girl thinks that Santa/Tim is hitting on her, she says, "thanks, but I'm seeing someone in wrapping." Love that line.

Last night we went to church and met Nancy and Scott at the new Chin's for dinner. It was very yummy, but noisy as a big group came in to celebrate someones 30th birthday. Maybe we were just jealous?!?

Fall is coming . . . it is delicious.

2 comments:

Josh, Chrissie, Matthew & Kaylie said...

Hope the trip to Texas is great! Where is the new Chins?!

Carrie said...

This might be one of my favorite blog entries. Beautiful writing too.