Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Almost There!

Tomorrow is THE DAY! The kids and I are flying to TX to meet our new relatives and see some "old" ones as well. Old being a relative term, especially for women "of a certain age." Hmmmm, it really doesn't feel better seeing those words in quotes. Anyway, tonight Dan is in Palm Springs at a conference (lucky) and I am packing for my trip and trying to remember things to take. At least I am not working tomorrow, so that will be a huge help in my time management. Lucy greeted me tonight like a long-lost relative (no pun intended) and likely assumed that we weren't coming home when she saw suitcases out. Patti will come and walk her tomorrow night and Friday morning and then Dan will be home. So, Kathy and Karen are already at Mom's house and Sue was there as well (naturally since she lives next door to Mom) and they are making memories that I hope I can hear all about tomorrow night when I get there. My heart is there already.

One of my team members, Bonnie, went to be with the Lord last night. So shockingly sad. Her daughter's wedding is/was planned for this coming Saturday. So sad. We were all very weepy at work today, except for my problem girl who apparently does not shed tears. Says a lot about why she is my "difficult person." As Pastor Larry said recently, "play the position you've been assigned." I am doing just that.

No comments: