Thursday, August 13, 2009

They Quilt in Oslo, Too


I was just visiting the Bunnyhill Designs blog (see the link at the left) and Anne Sutton has a lot of quilting blogs that she follows listed there. So, I picked one and, lo and behold, it was this darling store in Oslo, Norway. OK, so I had to Google Oslo to see what country it was in - I need to travel more. It sort of looked Swedish, so I pursued it since Ashley's Chris is there now. They have some of the same fabrics that I see in stores here, so that was cool to learn. This yo yo pillow caught my eye because my friend Joyce has been collecting red and white fabrics and made 500 yo yos to make a red and white yo yo quilt. I haven't seen the finished project, but I saw her making a lot of yo yos! She had this cool thing that she wrapped the circle of fabric around that had holes where you put your needle. I'll have to try that sometime. But, perhaps will just make this pillow so I don't have to make 500 yo yos. I love the button accents, too. Sew something today - they are in Oslo!

No comments: