Monday, November 10, 2008

Monday pm

It was a day full of phone calls - who's idea was it to update the company web site with my name, title and number? Ha! Lots of people called and it was fun. I may not know all the answers, but I can sure get them and call people back. In one case, it was three times I called back, but now I know what to get BEFORE the first call back. See, that'll never happen again. It seems I say that daily for the first year on a new job. So humbling leaving a place where you know all the answers (heck, you created the answers!) to a new place where you know nothing and your team is ready to throw you under the bus to prove they should have had the job, not you. Oh, well. I'm older than they are and, here's the kicker, I'm in full-blown menopause and I eat girls like that for BREAKFAST! Don't you just love being over 50? So freeing, so rich, so enjoyable . . so fulfilling. (smile)

1 comment:

Carrie said...

You are so Kathy Bates in "Fried Green Tomatoes"! "Face it girls, I'm older and I have more insurance." Do you remember that? But yes, show those dumb 20-somethings who is boss! Just remember that some of us are exceptional! ;)