Saturday, April 18, 2009

Ouch!

So, my back was getting better day by day until I moved the wrong way this morning and apparently threw it out again. Back to pain and moving slowly. Dan is being very patient with me and doing many things today. We went to Lowe's and bought an array of lovely spring flowering plants and he spent the afternoon planting them. It looks so nice. Now if we could only get started on our bare hill in the front!! Side bar: a woman on Focus on the Family this week spoke about men and advised that men think asking their wife to accompany them on a trip to Home Depot is romantic. So when Dan asked if I wanted to go to Lowe's with him, of course I jumped up (well, sort of more of a moan/smile as I carefully hoisted myself out of my chair) and got in the car! Then, I got my haircut and caught up on all of Robin's news - Tyler is engaged and getting married at the Belaggio on August 8 when the average temperature there is 120. Note to my children: please don't get married in summer when it is hot! Tomorrow we are going to visit Peggy and see her new digs and have lunch "with the old people" as the kids say.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Okay, seriously, we talk everyday and the only news I knew from this post was about your back! Tyler's engaged? Plus, your post now explains why you were so happy to end our conversation and hurry off to Lowe's. I was very confused and surprised at the time. :) Also, I promise to never get married in the summer...and for sure not outside! That is just crazy.
I love you.