Sunday, September 20, 2009

Full Heart, Heavy Heart

We just got home today from helping move Ashley up to Cal Poly Pomona. It was very hot up there and we cheered as we exited the 5 Freeway and noted that the temp was a cool 75. Ash is living in Carrie's apartment with two other sisters, Emily and Sarah. Ashley's room is a tiny, funny little place with a step up and a low window and door. But, inside it looks so cute with her green and white theme. She has set herself up very cozily and that will surely help in this transitional week of starting at a new college. I'm proud of her for taking this new step in her future, but already miss her very much. So, my heart is full of joy for her becoming the woman she is meant to be, but (selfishly) I am sort of wishing she could stay here and be my little Ashley. You know, they talk about pushing the little birds out of the nest, but there isn't much said about the poor mother bird left behind with worms in her beak . . .

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Your little birds are missing you. Ash and I were comparing notes on who got to talk to you today. I still need your worms of wisdom (haha, get it). Selfishly, I am glad Ash has moved up here and that we are now rommates. I love you and eventually we will all no longer be blue.